Following the retirement of its long-standing member, Westminster College is seeking a dedicated and experienced individual to fill the role of Honorary Treasurer.
The Honorary Treasurer is a Governor of the College. They have a crucial role in shaping Westminster, as it continues to provide a vibrant and inclusive learning community pivotal to the URC. Some flexibility of role responsibilities exist, but broadly includes:
- Reviewing financial statements, budgets and financial policies to maintain transparency and accountability.
- Collaborating with the College Executive and Management Committee in its development and implementation of effective financial strategies aligned with the college’s mission and goals.
- Providing regulatory oversight of the financial affairs in collaboration with the Management Committee and the Board of Governors.
- Providing strategic financial guidance to ensure the college’s long-term sustainability and growth.
- Attending four Management Committee meetings and four Board of Governors Meetings each year, as well as occasional ad hoc meetings or events as required.
In supporting compliance of the College’s financial management, the role requires:
- Strong financial expertise, ideally gained through professional experience or relevant qualifications.
- Commitment to the United Reformed Church and an understanding of its values and ethos.
- Passion for the development of Westminster College as a Resource Centre for Learning, and a desire to contribute to its ongoing success.
- High levels of integrity, professionalism, and attention to detail.
If you are excited about the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students, staff, and the wider community through your financial expertise, we would love to hear from you. To discuss the position or to apply please contact email@example.com